Memorial Adventure and Ohio

For Memorial Day, we decided to just go on an Adventure! We would drive east and see where it took us! This is the only duck face photo you will get Ben to make. 


We drove east till we found a little B&B and hopped into bed-- but Ben in entirely too tall for old beds. I laughed ALL night.


The next morning we made it to Dinosaur National Park and enjoyed taking our time at the museums and driving to different look out points. So beautiful!
 
Deciding which direction we should head next...
Hee hee...




We drove east through Denver, from the free way it didn't look cool enough to stop but then we drove into Boulder-- holy crap! That place is gorgeous! We arrived in time for a river festival to begin so walked along this river and enjoyed live music and vendors and ate some amazing tacos. Such a beautiful city, I would vacation there every year! It rained after we got done with dinner, but we enjoyed walking back to the hotel and playing in the massive flooded roads.


The next morning, we drove through some crazy fog and found an old Ghost town.




Then we drove home through Bear Lake, which I had never been to and we got a hotel on the beach, raspberry shakes, played in the water and had a wonderful time.



The next week, I attended a conference in Ohio. These two were the two security workers for a museum that I went to on a lunch break. They asked me where I was from, "Utah" and followed up with a bunch of random questions and I got to answer questions about garments, how Mormons CAN actually drink caffeine, how marriages work inside temples, got a lot of hysterical marriage advice and made two new best friends all because MOTAB exists. I rarely talk about religion but always answer questions, I'm working on the first but don't feel bad that this is my style of missionary work. We had a great afternoon together, they were so funny!




Ben flew out on the last day and we drove down to spend time with my Jake and Mandy and their adorable family. Before we left we spent time with my cousin, Cathie and met her fiance and at food at every place in her neighborhood I am pretty sure! She gave us a tour and it was so much fun!



We drove down from Cincinnati to Dayton and Jake and Mandy took us to the Air Force Museum. It was totally cool, and huge. We didn't get through the whole thing before the kids (and I) needed a serious nap!






It was so much fun being with them in their home and Aliyah showed us every last corner of the place and Kailey watched. It is fun to see them in their environment and how sweet their home is.


Just before we left to fly back, we got to catch up with one of the funniest guys I know. Chuck Hutchings. We both served our missions together in New Jersey and him and his adorable family were fun to catch up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment