Love: My sisters

I love my sisters more than anything in the world. They are my rocks.



 When my sisters and I were younger we would play "Army." It was majorly influenced by the fact that my father was in the National Guard and our love for the television show "Major Dad." The game was nothing like a group of little boys blowing things up and going to war, instead our bedroom was a headquarter of some non-specific military branch and we would do paperwork. Just paperwork. I would file something to Amber, she would pass it to Ariel for approval and then it would need to circle back to me to get fixed or refiled. Looking back the whole idea is a hysterical look at how children see the military, whatever. We even had names... based on our middle names...

Lieutenant Dawn
Major DaNae
Colonel Deanne
General Diane

Since then, we have on occasion pulled these names out in notes, cards, emails and phone calls and they are very special to us. One day when I was having a really hard day, I received flowers at work from my sisters and with it this note:


When times are tough my sisters are my rocks. I mean I have amazing friends, no contest. But family is family and they are beyond all the best.

When my brothers started getting married, I got two more sisters as well. Mandy and Nikki. They have added an additional support to my foundation I never knew was missing until I had them.

We each have a dog tag that says our name and "Unitur Sorores, in confide et gratia" which means "United as Sisters, in Courage and Grace."


These girls are my troops. When the troops are needed they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment