ADVENTURE 2015

Each year, instead of creating New Year's Resolutions, my friend Miranda has a theme. Ben and I loved the idea and adopted it this year. Our theme for 2015 is
Our fitness adventure of the year is signing up for the Tour de Cure, a fundraiser for diabetes. We are running for our friend's daughter and many other friends and family members as well. It is only one week away now and we are excited for it! This is a video that our friends made for their daughter. She is such a cutie. 



We bought bikes and began our training! Thanks so all of you we hit our fundraising goals really early so now we can just relax... or more appropriately... ride. We have been riding to and from work about 2-3 times a week depending on weather. For me that is 20 miles round trip and for Ben that is closer to 40. Then on top of that we have additional rides during the week and a long ride on Saturday morning that has taken us up to 75 miles. And we have done it! It feels so amazing to ride. I love it so much more than running but I am dying to get a basket on my bike. Ben just laughs at me because it would look ridiculous on my bike... but I shall not be dissuaded. ha!
 This is my bike, her name is Bullwinkle.
On our way home with our new bikes!
Ben in his jersey, all ready for the Tour in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment